Monday, May 6, 2013

The Dreaded Shock Tower Repair

Well, I decided to tackle the shock towers.  I knew they had been patched before, but wasn't sure with what.  There was this very hard gray substance speared around over a rectangular area.  When I chipped it away, I found that it was some sort of body filler smeared over... wait for it, Natural Light beer cans!  Yeah, I got a pretty good laugh out of that too.  Behind it was some moderate rust patches and some holes right along the line where the shock support welds to the inner fender.  So, we decided to cut it all out and see what we had to work with.

All cut away

Shock supports have surface rust but are otherwise pretty solid. 


After cleaning and treating with epoxy based rust encapsulator.



All ready for new metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment