Monday, May 6, 2013

Passenger side trunk floor panel creation

The panel below the filler next on the passenger side of the car was completely gone.  One of the previous owners bolted in a small aluminum bar to bridge the gap and act as a support for the gas tank, but the rest was pretty open.  Hmm... wonder why I had so many fumes in the car?

Stuart and I fabricated a new patch which I welded into place.  I used a piece of 1/4" square steel tubing welded into place to add strength.  I think you could lift the car by this piece.

Still needs final trimming, seam sealer and a small patch for that little gap.

Underside.

1 comment:

  1. 3d Titanium Easy Flex 125 amp welder | Tioga Arts
    Welder is the most well known of the traditional metal tools manufacturers. titanium trim as seen on tv You will find a solid does titanium set off metal detectors 3D titanium titanium exhaust oxide for your titanium 4000 craft titanium block in 1X2, 3,

    ReplyDelete