Monday, May 6, 2013

Joining the Local BMW Club

As a 'car guy', I had often wished for a local automotive enthusiast community.  Going to '02 Fest only validated that wish and made me realize how much fun it could be.  This realization reminded me of an interesting encounter I had while picking up my wife from the airport.

My kids and I piled into the 2002 to pick up my wife from the airport in early April.  While we were parked outside the airport a man with spiky hair and a Canadian accent came over to have a closer look at the car.  He introduced himself as Stuart and we chatted for a few minutes about the car.  Before parting ways, he gave me a business card with Arkansas Bimmers on it. 

When I got home from '02 Fest I dug out the card and did some searching to find their Facebook page.  I joined and begin reading through some of the posts and participating in some of the discussions.  As events and get togethers were posted, I began to go and meet people.  I've made some fantastic friends who have been a big help in working on my project, as well as give me an opportunity to help on other's projects. 

Some of the Arkansas Bimmers helping Chris F. install a custom built motor in his really sweet e30.

No comments:

Post a Comment