Monday, May 6, 2013

Becoming a Real '02er

I had been driving the car around, to and from work, etc.  I ventured further and further as I built up trust for the new ignition system.  So far, everything was rock solid.  I had also been doing some other minor work to lessen the fuel smell, etc.  In my research I had come across the Mid-Ameria '02 Fest event in Eureka Springs.  It sounded like fun so Amy and I decided to go.  So, we left the kids at grandma's and hit the road.

The trip was a few hundred miles total and the car ran perfect the whole time.  The drive was great (although a bit smelly).  The event was fantastic!  If you've never been, I highly suggest you do, especially if you have a 2002.  It is truly one of the best groups of people I've ever met, not to mention a lot of very nice cars.  Also, there is nothing like driving in a group of nearly 60 vintage BMW's... you really get some interesting reactions!

Mid-America '02 Fest 2012

Mid-America '02 Fest 2012 - The Drive

Mid-America '02 Fest 2012 - The Drive

Amy and I by our car at the photo shoot location.

No comments:

Post a Comment